How a Remodel can Boost Office Productivity
As a business owner, it’s important to always keep the happiness and comfort of your employees in mind. The more positive your employees are about contributing to the success of your company, the more your business will thrive.
Remodeling your office can be a great way to boost office productivity and improve employee morale. And it doesn’t have to be a major renovation either! Check out these ideas for remodeling your office in simple but significant ways:
- Open up the floor plan to reduce feelings of crowdedness. If most of your floor space is taken up by desks or cubicles, consider a remodel that places some workspaces along the outer edges of the room in order to make it feel more open and spacious.
- Install dividing walls. This may seem contradictory to the previous idea, but it actually makes sense: an open floorplan is widely agreed upon to be more comfortable for daily work activities, but people enjoy their privacy as well. Make the space more open, but don’t forget to section certain areas off so that employees in charge of different tasks can work without being interrupted or distracted.
- Design or update a lounge area. Although break time shouldn’t be taken advantage of, it’s an essential part of any employee’s workday. Having a comfortable place to decompress and relax helps motivate employees to work hard throughout the day. Design a lounge where employees can socialize and collaborate in a comfortable setting and help get their creative juices flowing!
- Let in natural light. If your office has windows, utilize them! Get rid of overhead fluorescent lights, ditch the shutters, and have a light window tint or glaze installed to let natural light into the workspace while avoiding any glare.
- Repaint the walls. Add a boost of energy to your office by switching up the color scheme or adding color to plain white walls. Light blue, green, and purple hues tend to promote relaxation while orange and yellow inspire creativity, warmth, and collaboration.
- Go green. Designate recycling stations for employees and have your construction company use economically friendly building materials. Remodel so that air is ventilated efficiently in your office and decorate with live indoor plants. Doing your part to make our planet a healthier place is always rewarding and can motivate your employees to work more efficiently.
Looking for a reliable Maryland office remodeling company? Call the professionals at Northstar Commercial Construction! We provide full-service solutions for commercial construction to customers throughout the state. Contact us today for more information, or to request a complimentary consultation.