Design/Build Contractors Deliver Better Results
Design/build contractors stand out among others because their unique method allows them to bring both the design and build functions of construction together as one contractual entity. This is advantageous to both the contractors themselves and you as their customer.
- Complete Accountability – Because the design and build aspects of the job aren’t assigned to two separate contractors, there is total accountability to one entity on how the project progresses, whether or not it successfully meets its budget, the time it takes to complete, and the quality of the final product.
- Expertise – Company owners and team members must have both designing and construction education. This means that anyone involved in the project will not only have thorough knowledge of what they’re doing, but will also be able to answer any of your questions along the way.
- Time and Cost Savings – Construction and design involve numerous timelines that need to be efficiently connected with one another with as few deviations as possible. Because the designing and building phases of your project are all planned in unison, this leaves less room for error and saves you time in the end.Hiring a design/build company to take on your project allows for all required material and labor costs to be accounted for in one consolidated and complete bid. This construction model saves customers, on average, 5-10% of their total project costs!
- Teamwork – The design/build company’s owner and the design/build team itself work together on every project to accomplish the same goal: to complete a project that meets or exceeds the expectations of their customer. Because of this, when there is a hiccup in the project, all hands are on deck in finding a solution as quickly as possible.
- Better Communication Between You and Your Contractor – When you’ve got a big project being completed, you want to have the peace of mind that you’ll be able to speak with the managers of the project whenever you have a concern or question. Design/build is transparent because the managers are fully involved and know what is going on at each stage of your project.
Looking for a reliable design/build contractor in Maryland? Northstar Commercial Construction is a commercial design/build company using the most efficient methods available to create designs and build projects that represent our customers’ visions while meeting their budgets. Contact us today to learn more about how our proven design/build method helps us deliver a better final product to our customers.