6 Advantages of Commercial Design-Build
For those not in the know, design-build is a system of project delivery used in the construction industry in which both the designing and construction services are handled by the same entity. The experts who use this model are called design-builders or design-build contractors. Let’s look at the advantages of using a Maryland commercial design-build firm for your new building project!
- Expertise – Design-builders are educated in both designing and construction. They are experts in planning, preparing, pricing, constructing and everything in between.
- Flexibility – It can be tough reworking or making adjustments to a project when your designer and builder are two separate entities. Design-build contractors are flexible in that they can modify design, pricing, and other aspects of the project at any time.
- Savings – Just like bundling your cable and internet, using a design-build firm as a “package deal” saves you money on your project. Architects and contractors work together to find ways to cut costs without diminishing the quality of work, allowing you to pay less than you would if you had hired the two separately.
- Quality of Work – Designing and building your commercial space requires all professionals involved to have a similar level of experience so they may execute the project successfully. If you choose to use two different companies for the designing and building phases of your project, there may be a risk of discrepancy between the quality of work you will get from each of them.
- Communication – This is one of the most important factors in making sure your project goes smoothly and to your satisfaction. Design-build companies eliminate the miscommunication that can occur between contractors. They are already familiar with how the other party does their job efficiently and have already established successful communication skills with one another.
- Accountability – When something goes wrong, everyone likes to point fingers. If there’s a hiccup in your project, design-builders are one combined party that is held accountable and therefore the issue can be resolved right away.
Northstar Commercial Construction is a Maryland commercial design-build contractor with the resources and experience necessary to complete your building project with exceptional results. We pride ourselves on being there for you from project start to finish, and promote open lines of communication between our builders and customers to ensure a perfect finished product every time. Contact us today to get a free estimate on your upcoming building project, or to learn more about our design-build process.